Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The giant leep for Bailey

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've logged in. I don't know where to begin. Let's start with Spring Break. I had a Hysterectomy the Thursday of Spring Break. While I was in the hospital, my mother stayed with the kids. I don't know if she had anything to to with it, but Bailey decided that he was done wearing pull-ups! When I came home Bailey told me that he wanted to wear underwear to school. I was floored. The next day back, I made sure he did his business before school. Once we got to school I talked to his teacher and his Special Needs teacher. They both knew that his bathroom schedule would have to be very strict. All day I kept thinking I'd get a call telling me to bring some more clothes for him. But I didn't! He made it through the whole day and didn't have an accident! This was a huge step for Bailey. Now, every once in a while he still has accidents but he wears underwear all day. I can see the confidence that he gains each day. No matter how hard we tried to get him out of pull-ups or what we said, none of it worked. It had to be Bailey's decision and his alone when he was ready to wear underwear. Not long after that one day going to school he told me that he didn't think he needed his extra clothes that we kept at school for the "just in case"! Wow! He is such a strong little boy and every day he shows me how great God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers